Black Helmet Gloss Finish
- Carbon fibre shell
- Multi-impact foam liner that doesn't degrade over time
- Fidlock® Magnetic Clasp - no more pinched skin! It allows you to take the helmet on and off whilst wearing gloves
- A range of pads are supplied with each helmet, to allow you to tailor the fit to your exact shape
- Leather carrying loop
- 5 air vents
- Sold packaged in a waterproof drawstring backpack
- Certified CE EN1078
- Weight: 350g
- Made in England
- Brown leather band sold separately - see Accessories
- Measure the widest part around your head – this is usually approx. 1cm above your ears.
- If you don’t have a flexible tape measure just use a piece of string or ribbon and find a ruler.
Dashel helmets come in 3 Sizes:
- Small: 54cm - 56cm
- Medium: 57cm - 59cm
- Large: 59cm - 61cm
Pads are provided in 2 thicknesses with every purchase, to tailor the fit to your exact head shape.
How to Fit your Helmet
- Place the helmet on your head, push it down ensuring it sits level 1-2 cm above your eyebrows and does not tilt too far backwards or forwards. The helmet should feel snug but not constricting. Use the comfort pads to adapt it to your size
- Tighten the chin strap, the 'Y' shape should fit just below your ears. The Fidlock clasp must sit under the chin and not on the jawbone.
- Make sure the strap feels comfortable but secure. You should not be able to get more than one finger between your chin and the strap.
How to Achieve the Perfect fit.
- Take out all of the pads, they are only for your comfort and do not contribute to the performance of your helmet in a crash. The helmet with no pads is the largest size specified in each size range. If you are not using any pads you can cover the Velcro dots with the fabric circles provided
- The silver pads are 5mm thick.
- The black pads are 10mm thick.
- For the smallest size in the range, use all of the black pads.
- For a custom fit, mix and match according to whether your head is narrow, high, round or narrow.
Warning - A helmet can only protect you if it is worn in the right size, correctly fastened. It's too small if it feels constricting. It’s too big if it still wobbles with all of the black pads fitted inside and the chinstrap tightened. See Delivery and Returns if Dashel Helmets do not fit you, or you need a different size.
A waterproof backpack is provided to keep your Dashel Helmet pristine whilst it is off the bike.
The interior pads provided with each helmet are washable at 30 degrees
Gloss Finish: the gloss finish is hard-wearing and stains or dirt can be polished off with a non-abrasive cloth
Moleskin: this (totally vegetarian) finish is hard-wearing and if it gets wet it will dry back to its original condition. If it has been kept in a bag compressed with other items then the surface may take on their indentations, the flock will spring back to its original form after a few hours. If the flock has dust, or dry dirt on it, this can be removed using the lowest setting on your vacuum cleaner. If it has got muddy then mild detergents can be used and rinsed off. Just as with clothing fabrics, some stains such as oil or biro may be impossible to remove.
If you want the easiest option for storing and cleaning, then purchase the gloss finish. If you are the sort of person who has no problem keeping their suede shoes pristine, then go for moleskin!